Tuesday, August 24, 2010

You find out your teenage daughter (13-15) is pregnant, how as a parent do you react?

Abortion?


Adoption?


Keep it, but let her baby off as your own?You find out your teenage daughter (13-15) is pregnant, how as a parent do you react?
At the point you find out, it is really too late to do much. It is her body, the abortion is her choice, not yours, same with adoption. I would not take the baby as my own. If my daughter was old enough to have sex, she is old enough to deal with consequences. I would help her, but she would be the one missing out on good times to stay home with baby. I would make sure she finished school, and help her with college, but, yeah, you just hope that doesn't happen.You find out your teenage daughter (13-15) is pregnant, how as a parent do you react?
It completely depends on a multitude of different things. I think for a mother it would be silly to have one set answer to this. It depends on the daughter's maturity level, ambitions in life, her actual OPINION! as well as financial state. If she had only been pregnant for a very short while, and really wasn't ready for a child, I'd probably suggest an abortion, as the baby wouldn't be developed and adoption is just a bit of a shame, and could turn out badly.


I might consider keeping it, if i could manage looking after another child.
I would be seriously disappointed!





I would stand by any decision that she makes, but I would push for adoption. I think that if she goes around school being ';the pregnant one'; then she may learn that having sex has repercussions. I feel that there are so many loving homes that want children that we could find a great family to take care of it.





I would not pass it off as my own! I have raised my children and I will not raise hers! If she wants to keep it she will learn how to deal with it!
I am 15 and pregnant. My mom was so DISAPPOINTED in me, but in the end all she wanted to do was help. I am keeping my baby, I am raising it, I am taking care of it, but with my mom's love and support. You need to just talk to her. Please do not choose abortion, it's only thinking of her self and not the baby she created. If she is not obligated to raise a baby, give it up for adoption. In all the choices you two are going to have to make, you have to think of the baby. Would the baby want to be killed before it has life? Am I able to raise a baby is this kind of household? Will I be a fit mom for this baby? In the end, constantly keep thinking of the baby. It's about the baby now, not her or you.
I would do neither





i would be angry, but id support her, and convince her father to do the same





I would never pretend the kid is my own!! That is mean as hell!!!


She made the mess if she's embarrassed, tough luck. And i would not be embarrassed in the slightest


Doesnt mean youve raised your child wrong, its more about the child being in peer pressure id say.








I would take care of the baby so she could continue studying.
I have a daughter and my first reaction would be disappointment. Disappointed that she valued her body so cheaply she gave it to the first guy that looked at her, and even more disappointed that she wasn't careful. I would be saddened by the life I know she would miss out on.





I would support her in every way I could, regardless of the decision she made.
none of the options would be for me to make, its her choice only. id support my daughter whatever she decided to do, id be upset that she got herself in that situation at such a young age and now has to devote her life to a baby rather than enojying herself and getting a career etc but as her mum id support her no matter what. i just hope i never find her in that situation, i want her to make something of herself before having kids.
no, no and no. i'd cry in private but i'd be strong and supportive, i'd ask HER what she wants and get her to have a serious long think. i'd also contact the boy and his parents so we could all discuss it together. after all, it takes 2 to make a baby
i know this will cause td and public out cry but i think abortion would be a best option she is only a child herself and accidents do happen she has her whole life in front of her and she clearly would not make a good parent at this age she must however be forced to accept her wrongdoing and then be allowed to move on from it this will be a tough lesson and she will need support from the people who care for her
Don't have an abortion!! keep it you can always give it up for adoption or raise it as your own.. everyone keeps saying its her body and her choice BUT guess what she is 13!! a child herself she does not know what she wants or needs. Keep her in school and be there to support her.
Don't be stern with her, she'll feel crushed and the last thing she needs is her mother hanging over her. You need to help her and don't tell her how YOU feel because she'd probably already drowning in her own emotions.


Just Always be there to hold her hand no matter what.
Well i know this is to the parents of girls but i only have twin boys right now and they are 5months old. And if they came home and told me there girlfriend was pregnant i would flip and i would be very disappointed in him. But i would support him and his girlfriend.
I can't say I'd be pleased. But the thing is, a pregnant woman is a pregnant woman whether she is 13 or 30. I would try to help her decide what SHE wants by keeping my feelings out of the equation and pointing out her options. Then, I would support her decision-- whatever it was.
definatley not abortion!! if she can have sex she can take care of her baby. she has to learn the conciquences for her bad decisions.


God bless her
Adoption
Be there for her and support her in whatever decision she decides to do
I would tell her to keep it and that we all will take care of it!!! I wouldn't be mad at her at all!!
i would let her know all her options...ad the decision is hers to make..and i would support what ever it was she chose.....
I wouldn't have a retard for a daughter in the first place but on the hypothetical chance: adoption.
abortion is first option right after i beat the teen so badly that she will prolly miscarry anyway
';honey, get me a coathanger!';

No comments:

Post a Comment