Tuesday, August 24, 2010

When your young teenage daughter asks, ';Were you a virgin when you got married?';?

How would you respond?





Her father and I split up when she was really young, and he hasn't been part of her life in years.When your young teenage daughter asks, ';Were you a virgin when you got married?';?
First of all, it's a perfectly appropriate question for a teen to ask. She's at an age where she's curious about sex, and needs to get the right information about it. It's important for parents to remain open and honest about such questions. That said, I would tell her the truth. I would tell her know, and that I regret it. Give her reasons for regretting it - you thought the two of you were going to be together, but the symbol for such a commitment is marriage; you left yourself open for STD's and pregnancy, even with birth control and protection, etc.When your young teenage daughter asks, ';Were you a virgin when you got married?';?
never lie . honesty is key. do u really want your daughter to think its ok to lie? or worst, to think Your a liar? keep it real ma.
BE HONEST.


We teens hate being lied


to, and i'm sure your daughter


knows chances are, you


were not a virgin when you


got married. Let her opening


start a conversation about sex,


but don't be preachy. And for


goodness sakes', Mom, don't


feel the need to tell all. there are


some things we don't need to know.


;)
I would tell her the truth, no I was not a virgin and I had been with several people but I practiced safe sex.
Be honest with her.





And if you weren't a virgin when you married, tell her, you know i made a mistake by not waiting till i was married, I learned from my mistake, so that I can teach you properly how to be a young lady and hold your virginity as a virtue that you give to your husband on your wedding night.





I wouldn't tell her i regret anything, for the simple fact if you regret doing something it means you learned nothing in that lesson in life.





I'm not sure how her father comes in to all of this. He isn't asking about her. So if you could explain how he comes in to this question that would be great.
Be honest and truthful, do not lie.


However, you are not required to ';bare all'; if you do not feel comfortable doing so. If there are things you do not wish to disclose, that is your right as a human being.


So, you tell honestly what you will.


For example, if you were pregnant when you got married or something like that, you may say that you regretted that you became sexually active at a young age, and that decision would change now.
Something along the lines of '; I made some bad decisions when I was younger that I regret and really wish I could have taken back. I hope you will consider that your virginity is a special thing that shouldn't be given away lightly.';
I would tell the truth...teenagers can handle the truth.
I would say something like you are not turning the point of this towards me. But whether I was or not YOU are going to be. Unless of course you really were and then tell the truth. Reality is she probably already isn't so start now to get worried.
That is not an appropriate question for a teenager to ask an adult. I would explain this to her, and possibly punish her.





The question would go unanswered.
just be honest with her, never lie about stuff like that. i asked my mom the same question and she answered truthfully...which was no lol. also it's how she learns to be an adult and understand that being an adult is not always fun. your mistakes will help her not make the same ones you did and thus saving her from pain and disappointment. that's a real parent lol.
I would tell her the truth. In my case I was not. But I will educate my daughter on her right to say no, and hope she makes better choices.
answer truthfully
Tell her the truth. Kids hate smoke and mirrors when it comes to these kinds of things. They want the truth. If you weren't a virgin, then tell her, you don't have to go into detail, but if you regretted it then you should tell her that and give her a reason why.
just be honest.


Of course, there's no need to tell kids about your old partying habits, if you had any, or any embarrassing moments you might have had, but there's also no reason to lie.
I think you should ask her why she wants to know. Does she want permission for sex with a boyfriend? Does she simply want to know more about her father?





I don't necessarily believe that you have to share information with your daughter regarding your sex life. What is relevant is the values you want to teach her.





So, I think I would tell my daughter that my sex life wasn't the question, but I would want her to feel comfortable speaking with me about her issues so that we could discuss the pros and cons of becoming sexually active at her age.
as if anybody is a virgin when they marry, tell her the truth. no!
Just be honest-she can probably take more truth than you think. She will respect your honesty, it is what healthy relationships are based on and she may feel more compelled to be honest with you if needs be.
Be Truthful With Her.
Answer truthfully. My mom did. We always felt very open about discussing sex and things so it wasn't a big deal. Just answer her questions openly, and tell her why you did or didn't do something and how it made you feel and how it affected your life.
I would want the truth. And it wasn't that long ago I was a teenager, I'm 23. Just let her know that you loved him very much. You know giveher the run down on how its supposed to be. I think you'll be fine
That's a tough one, what do you want her to believe. What kind of morals do you have and what do you want her to have? Do you set a good example for her? Honesty is good, but sometimes kids really do not need to know their parents past , especially if it could hurt them. I know a lot of parents that have done a major change in their lifestyles and kids really do not need to know. Sometimes telling them how much you resented what you did and that you wished you could of done things differently is good. But, kids usually do like their parents do and not what they say.
don't lie cause the truth always comes out sooner or later and she will resent u for it.
I would tell her the truth.


She obviously knows what


a virgin is, therefore she knows


about sex. Don't make up a story,


just tell her the straight-out truth.


That's why she's asking. She's a


teenager, and capable to know


the truth. Nothing but the truth.
dont they say honesty is the best policy? but remind her it is her choice as to when she wants to loose her virginity and that she shouldnt be pressured into it by bf's or friends
You respond, ';Yes I was a virgin when I was married,'; then you say, ';why do you ask?'; Then go from there....





You can tell her the truth later in life. It's for the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment