Tuesday, August 24, 2010

To mothers of teenage boys: Do your kids like to have Lan parties?

My kids (17 and 15) like to invite friends over and they connect all of their computers together and then play different online games. They call it a Lan party since the computers are networked together with a lan line.To mothers of teenage boys: Do your kids like to have Lan parties?
I think this is wonderful. Since I am a babyboomer, we didn't have computers when I was growing up. I have two grandsons who love to play computer games and I will have to suggest this to their father. Their father, my son, is a computer software engineer. This is a good idea because the kids are entertained and get to socalize at the same time. Good idea!! Thanks.To mothers of teenage boys: Do your kids like to have Lan parties?
I think is pretty cool. I live in Spain and I'd never heard about people doing these LAN parties at their homes, but many guys go to internet cafes so they play there and even sometimes there are some kind of ';meetings'; where hundreds of people go and play online all together and so they have a great time and meet new people and all that.
I've never heard of a lan party before, but I think it's better than my dorm's official pastime of watching other people play video games. I know a guy who pulled an all-nighter over spring break cause he couldn't stop playing World of Warcraft. I guess the point is that video games are pretty much a universal pastime for teenage/early twenties boys (and for the record, my college has one of the most demanding academic programs in the country - the guys I'm talking about in my dorm are by no means slackers or screw-ups). I think the idea of a lan party is pretty cool : )





PS. What's wrong with being a geek with no social life?
Yeah I'm 15 and no one I know does that, somewhat weird to be honest.
it's a normal thing, and it's pretty common. you might have to watch out though, he's probably a geek with no real social life. good luck though.
This is what we do for my oldest son's birthdays. He and his friends have a great time. None of them seem geeky to me. Just a bunch of good kids having fun.
its normal
ok...not to be stupid...but wat does Lan Party meen? like, wat do yu do?
I think it's better than them going out and smoking weed, like all other teens. Personally, I think it's o.k. and you should let them go ahead and have fun. Just be worried about your internet bill. =P
Okay, I'm not a mom of a teenage boy, but I have three adult brothers, and a husband. My husband is 26, and he goes to LAN parties. He's a successful computer technician! And my brothers are 20, 22, and 25, in the Army, Navy, and Air Force, and what do they do on the weekends? They are at LAN parties! I swear, it's all they ever do! All of them are popular %26amp; athletic too, they just really enjoy playing video games. I don't think I'd worry... It's pretty normal nowadays.





The funniest thing about holidays... My brothers have almost always had leave at X-mas time, and the three of them, along with my husband, completely disappear into the garage (where the video games are set up,) for a week at a time. The only time you ever see any of them is when they come into the house to get more beer, or to use the bathroom! (They're not alcoholics, either... So don't worry about that; it's not caused by the video games. They only drink when they're all at home together... [twice a year.])

No comments:

Post a Comment