Friday, August 20, 2010

Should a Teenage Girl Sleep Without a Bra?

I am a Teenage girl and I've never given much thought to sleeping without a bra until my Grandmother brought it up one night. Then I read this answer to someone else's question saying that sleeping without a bra can cause breast cancer. But really, I just want to know is I should sleep without a bra or should i wait until i get older to do that?Should a Teenage Girl Sleep Without a Bra?
It doesn't matter if you sleep with a bra, I've looked into it thoroughly. Your boobs don't sag (meaning the ligaments and tendons don't stretch) in your sleep and it's very uncomfortable to sleep with one on. However by wearing a bra all the time when you're sitting upright you can prevent sagging.





Also, the breast cancer thing is RIDICULOUS. Cancer is caused by cancer cells, not your boobs being pushed to your chest.Should a Teenage Girl Sleep Without a Bra?
You shouldn't wear a bra to sleep. It can make you have a harder time breathing when asleep. I am fourteen turning fifteen and I never wear a bra when I go to sleep, but I wear it as soon as I get up and just before I go to sleep.


It's much comfortable without it. Plus, you are going to sleep so you don't need to wear it anyway. It's not supporting you because your laying down not standing up, and no need to be conscious too - I mean you're only going to sleep, right?
When you sleep, your bra gets warm and with the increase in heat, cancer can be caused... Its safer to sleep without a bra, but if on the large side (talking about your breast size) it can cause your breasts to sag... So its unpleasant on both ends...
No, sleeping without a bra does not give you breast cancer.


I prefer to sleep with one on because it is more comfortable and when I don't I wake up in the morning and my boobs are all sore.


It also gives you stretch marks cos your boobs will like hang :P


haha anyway yeah if you want to wear a bra to bed, wear one. It's completely up to you and what you find comfortable!





hope i helped!


xx
i have read a lot of pubmed research material. i havent run into one bra/breast cancer paper.





sleeping with a bra is freakin uncomfortable. sleep with out one. your boobs will thank you. you will sleep better.





we all should be more concerned with cancer from bad genes, second or firsthand smoke, living near nuclear waste dumps...the list goes on.
Everything causes cancer nowadays. I'm 14, I prefer to sleep with a bra on, but you can sleep without one. I do it sometimes. My older sister never sleeps with a bra on. Either way, you'll be fine
my cousin does that but i think if it really does cause cancer then people would be making more of a big deal out of it. do whatever makes you comfortable.
Uh, i would think it would be uncomfortable to sleep with a bra. And I highly doubt it causes cancer. Thats probably something ure grandma said to scare u into keepin those things covered up.
i'm a teenage girl %26amp; i don't it's really uncomfotable because i wear pushup bra's 90% of the time so i think it's ok but i'm not rocket scientist

No comments:

Post a Comment