Friday, August 20, 2010

What do you require for your young teenage babysitters?

im starting babysitting, im 13.What do you require for your young teenage babysitters?
I would never let a 13 year old babysit. No offence to you hun, I just don't believe that the majority of kids your age are equipt to handle emergencies and difficult situations. So I wouldn't be hiring you at all - my guess would be that, unless they're family, if anybody does hire you then they won't be too bothered about if you have training or not because they don't sound too bothered either way. I used to babysit for a family when I was your age with a 1 year old and a 3 year old and looking back, they must have been mad, but they didn't care or even ask if I had training (which I didn't). I would ask the individual family you intend to babysit for - I'm sure they all have different requirements. Good luck.What do you require for your young teenage babysitters?
great age -i always provided the CPR (babysitting) class for the new sitters %26amp; paid a dollar more per hour for the cert. our sitters were considered part of the family %26amp; treated accordingly. maintaining an open line of communication with the sitters is imperative because problems are solved faster. a sitter needs to recognize when he/she is in a situation that is too mature for the age %26amp; honesty is the best way to deal with all situations.
My sitter was 14 when she started for us. All we expected was that she keep our kids entertained, not chat on her cell phone, keep the baby's diaper changed and not have any friends over while she was caring for our children. We'd leave snacks out for her to give the kids so she didn't have to worry about preparing something.
At least have taken babysitting classes and cpr certified.

No comments:

Post a Comment