Sunday, August 22, 2010

Will my teenage boys like the musical ';Wicked';? Or, at least be able to watch without groaning?

There has been much buzz about this show and I very much want to see it while in Seattle. The boys are 16 %26amp; 13, and the older one will get extra credit for school, but the younger one is just all about sports! What do you think?Will my teenage boys like the musical ';Wicked';? Or, at least be able to watch without groaning?
I think they'll both find at least one little thing they like about Wicked. There are a bunch of special effects and the set is amazing. It's pretty much the story of two powerful women and their relationships. I dragged my little brothers to it (they're 9 and 11) and they say they liked the humor, Fiyero (playboy prince), the Wizard's giant mechanical head, the flying and tumbling Monkeys, the Dragon (giant puppet), how the fog effect was used, the way the set and stage look like the inner workings of a clock (cogs, gears, wheels, etc) the 9 year old says he likes the song 'Popular', and the 11 year old says he likes 'Defying Gravity'.





It's a great show and there are a lot of teenagers (girls and boys) who like Wicked. Just take them to see it and tell them to voice any complaints AFTER the show.Will my teenage boys like the musical ';Wicked';? Or, at least be able to watch without groaning?
THERES ONE IN SEATTLE? When, where, and how do you get the ticketS?

Report Abuse



I don't know. Wicked wouldn't be my first choice of a musical for boys of that age, but I could be wrong. It depends on your kids. Do they like music? The Wizard of Oz? I have two male cousins that age, and I know they wouldn't like it, but I'm sure that some kids would love it. There are some pretty cool props and special effects that they might enjoy. Watch some clips on youtube and see what you think. You know your own kids better than anyone on here.





Personally, I loved it. :D





Here's a trailer you can watch with some clips. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjVORO2k3鈥?/a>





And another trailer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMan2n7Rj鈥?/a>
No offense to you at all, but I groan just to think of it and what a rip off of OZ it is. Gender hardly matters.





In your case let them groan and have the experience to expand some horizons they might not understand yet.





Obviously over past months here, there have been hundreds who loved it, and I'm just offering my opinion.





Just my two sense





Steven Wolf





take the older one, find a sitter for the younger one, and enjoy it if you can, no matter
your 16 year old will most likely like it and the 13 year old may not how ever if he is a mature 13 year old he may like it simply ask him and see what he says if he does not want to see the play you could try after word doing something he wants to do in reward for going with you try it out and please let me know.
I think they will like it. I did and I'm thirteen!











Love wicked

No comments:

Post a Comment