Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What if your teenage daughter was pregnant?

My niece, ';Gina';, found out that she is two months pregnant. She asked me to promise not to tell her parents, but I fell as if I have to. I fell great that she feels like she can trust me, but I'm scared because I know I'll have to tell my sister and her husband. What should I do?What if your teenage daughter was pregnant?
You really shouldn't be the one to tell her parents, she needs to tell them. You can help convince her to tell them, tell her that if she doesn't tell them some time soon, then you'll need to step in and say something. It really is her own business, but i understand you are just trying to be a good aunt to your niece AND a good sister to her mom. I was 14 years old when i became pregnant with my daughter, and the first person i told was my grandmother, if she told my parents herself i would've been very upset at her. I just needed my own time to tell them (it's a really big thing). Just give her a little time to tell them, if she doesn't tell them in the next couple of weeks, then is when you should. Good luck!What if your teenage daughter was pregnant?
Well, I wouldn't ';tattle'; on her, but I would strongly urge her to tell them.Maybe suggest going with her to do so, as this would most likley make her feel a little more comfortable knowing she has you to back her up/ support her in this tough issue.





Tell her she needs to see a doctor, and get proper care for her and that baby, and so shes going to need to tell her parents so they can help her find proper care.





after all, when she starts to show, they're going to find out anyway.
Well I am 18 years old. In July I found out I was 3 mo's pregnant. I couldn't face my mom. So, I told my aunt and uncle. They promised not to tell because it would break up my whole family if my mom found out now. (They loaned me money for an abortion) I would be very mad if my aunt/uncle spilled the news. If she trusts' you with it.. I'd say keep it on the DL for a little while longer. How old is she? If she is 18+...she is an ';adult';. My aunt/uncle told me that if i was any younger than 18, they would have been forced to tell my mom..but since I'm not....they say..';you are old enough to make your own decisions';. I'd never be able to face my mom if she found out..because she does everything for me and trusts me with everything.
She needs to tell her parents herself. I would not tell her parents, if you do she will feel like she can't trust you. You can try to talk her into telling her parents now and even be there with her when she tells them (if she wants you). My mom was grateful that I could come to her first.





I wish the best for her!
Talk to your niece again, find out what her plans are for the pregnancy. Then tell her that SHE needs to tell her parents, and that you will be with her for moral support. If she refuses then tell her that you are going to inform her parents.





Good Luck!!
You can ONLY encourage her to tell her parents, it is not your place to tell them. You need to convince your niece about telling her parents.. that's all you can do.
She has to tell them not you. Go with her and do it together.
  • medication cream
  • pink blush
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment