Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Would you let your teenage daughter get piercings?

like her belly button or her tongue?Would you let your teenage daughter get piercings?
Ears are okay...anything else has to wait until she is 18.Would you let your teenage daughter get piercings?
Certainly not! When they are *adult* they can do as they please (if their employer will allow it).
When my daughter turned 16 I allowed her to get her belly button pierced and I chose the place to make sure it was a respectable place.She had asked for other piercings,but I was strictly against any others and informed her when she turned 18 she will have her own choice then,no arguing,just facts.I figured it was a phase,and apparently I was right.She is 19 now and has told me she is glad I didn't allow it.She still has no new ones(so far-lol).
Absolutely without a question NOT!!!!!! That's insane.
Our rule is 12 for the ears and 16 for anything else.
Depends on their exact age.


13-15, thats wayy too young in my opinion. They need to stick with the ears.


16 and up they should be able to choose their own piercings/tattoos. If shes old enough to drive than she should be able to get them done.


Id warn her about the tongue piercing thou because in most cases girls who get their tongue pierced that young end up taking it out before theyre even 18.
Not until she's 18. Until then, her body is mine. As a minor, I don't want her making choices she'll regret later. If she pierces every square inch of her body at 18, ok. She made the choice as an adult, not as a child.
absolutely not...if she wants one that bad have her wait till she's 18...
I would let her if she really really wants it and is good and all that... But this is partly because I got my belly pierced when I was 16 without my parent's knowledge. I'd be less inclined to let her get her tongue pierced though as I hear it can be bad for your teeth.
Absolutely not. I let my daughter pierce the upper part of her ear, but that's as far as it goes. I think the belly piercing will give her an excuse to wear revealing clothes, and the tongue piercing is just dangerous. Your tongue has more bacteria than any other part of the body so infection sets in quick and since the mouth is warm they breed even faster. So if I were you I'd say no to both.
no i wouldnt let her..she can make that desicion when shes legally old enough to..My mother didnt let me and i went and got an eyebrow piercing at 16 and ended up with an infection and regreted it ever since, now i have an ugly scar!! i wish i wouldve listened to my mom!!
I would belly button at age 16, if she was mature. Tongue, she would have to wait until she is 18. My own little sister got her belly button done in July, and she just turned 13 in Oct. She has also had her nose pierced. If she was my daughter, that would have been a definite no.
With reservations I'd say yes to belly button, an absolute no to tongue. Belly button piercings are still prone to infection but not nearly as much as a tongue ring. It's also easier to cover a BB ring when necessary. Tell her that when she's old enough to have a good job and she can pay all her own medical bills, she can still get her tongue pierced if she wants.
Belly button yes but no to the tongue.
If I were a parent, yes. And if they get infected, that's her problem. My mom will let me get any piercing/tattoo I want and I think that's great.
no I wouldn't not unless she was 18 or 19 or even 20 but, not under the age of 1.7. I have two teens of boys though they are under peer preesure but I already told them about the pierce earrings in their ears that I don't have any girls so don't try to become any in this house1 unless they are old enough to take the responsibility them selves thye don't need my permission to let anyone give them one!
ears are ok (for a girl)....anything else not until 18...but honestly if they are going to mutilate their body early like that...better a piercing that can be removed when the phase has passed then a tattoo that lasts forever.
Never ever would I let my teenage daughter or son get piercings. They are digusting and far from artistic in any sense of the word. The only place I would allow my daughter or son is their ears.
I got my belly button pierced at 16 and I wish I didn't b/c it never healed properly and I had to have it taken out and now I have an ugly scar from it. I would probably tell my kids to wait until they're 18 if they want to get piercings other than their ears.
I have a 15 year old girl. I would not let her get those piercings. It tells older men that she is 18 that is the law in nc.
No I'd let her get her ears but thats all
No.
i got my navel done just about at the age of 17, ive been asking since i was around 14/15 and my parents said no, i accepted that they said no and i just waited. it was only because when i got my 2nd ear holes done i fainted and not very good with dealing with pain so they were just looking out for me. i wud let her get her belly button dun at 16, but for tongue its dangerous and if she really wants it done then she can wait till shes 21, even still i wudnt like it but shes old enough to make her own decisions :)
Yes. I'd warn her about infections and pain though.
no. in the end everyone takes them out.
Only her ears...
My 14 year old daughter wants piercings %26amp; I told her I will ok anything above the neck but not below.


She can do that when she's alot older %26amp; out of my house. LOL
YES iT iS HER BODY, LET HER BE HERSELF, NOT WHAT HER PARENTS SEE IN THEiR iMAGE

No comments:

Post a Comment