Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Why do people seem to get real into music around their teenage years?

I was this way, and I believe it is because as you get older, the way you express yourself becomes more important to you. You want people to see you a certain way, thus it is expressed in your interests. As well as this, teenagers deal with more crap about life and growing up, and when they dont want to hear adults and political figures lecture them, they turn to something more melodic they can relate to, and follow that instead. Younger kids are ';programmed'; I guess you could say, to what mommy and daddy say. I would much rather listen to anything Linkin Park or Slipknot had to say than my own parents. They can express to me the pain of their life that we both share without bitching me out and making it seem like I've done something wrong. They can allow me to realize stuff about myself that my parents would only suppress. They can make me see mistakes that my parents would only make me wanna see myself.Why do people seem to get real into music around their teenage years?
I think the reason is because when you enter into your teenage years you have so many very strong emotions,every thing is impacting your life at this time and you feel things so strongly. And then you hear a song and you connect with it, it means something to you. I would rather have music than any other pleasure. One of my favorite songs is Wish you were here by pink Floyd.Why do people seem to get real into music around their teenage years?
I depend on music because it seems to be there for me when nothing else is.


I am a dancer, so i guess there is some underlying connection, but just knowing that when i have a horrible day, i can just go to my room and blast a meaningful song.. it makes everything so much better.


( As for rap, hip hop, rock.. i don't consider that music.. it's definitely noise. ) So i can't help you in those genres.


Haha.
Well for me, i can really relate to the music i listen to, since i can think about my problems better.





I listen to Many kinds of rock music, alot of it i can relate with.
because you dont care when your younger. it means more to you as a teen because usually it tells your story
This generation is crap, I'm going back to the 2000 Millenium.
maybe self-expression of trying to determine their own personal style. I've noticed that too and it's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment