Thursday, July 29, 2010

What is life like as a teenage mother?

I'm not pregnant or anything,I'm just wondering what life is like for these teen mothers.I know it changes your life completely,but more specifically,what is it like?What is life like as a teenage mother?
Heyy,





I was pregnant at 16, gave birth when I was 17 then pregnant again at 17 and gave birth at 18... I'm now 19...





When I found out I was pregnant with my first son my life changed drastically... I stopped the partying, had to leave college and had to get a full time job, My Dad wouldn't let me stay living at home so I had to find my own house and set up a home in a measly 7 months. All the money I earned as a check out girl was spent on making my home as comfortable as I could and buying everything my unborn baby would need (they definately dont come cheap!!) My partner was in university so he was away a lot of the time and my friends were too busy planning their next saturday night to come round to mine to speak babies. I kept one one friend out of many and she's still my friend today although since being pregnant I see her about 4-5 times a year and thats it.





As my stomach grew so did the dirty looks I got when walking down the street, I loved my baby with all my heart even though he wasn't born yet, but I'd pretty much already lost my childhood, friends and family.





When I finally went into a labour, I'd gone 5 days over due, I had strong contractions and no sleep for 36 hours when I finally got rushed down to theatre for an emergency c-section because my little boy was stuck. Finally 7 hours after he was born I got to hold this little bundle which I'd turned my life around for and I finally felt happy. I didn't care what the world had to say at this point.





A few months down the line, I was staying in all the time, changing diapers, making bottles, bathing the baby and washing his clothes, nobody offered to take the baby off my hands for a few hours or even a night. I hardly ever got 5 minutes to myself, but I coped...





7 Months does the line I concieved again, my second son...





After his birth I suffered postnatal depression, couldn't cope and didn't even want my babies any longer, all I wanted was a few days to myself to sort my head out.





I had no-one to talk to and my partner couldn't understand it, I didn't tell my family because I wanted them to be proud of me, I started ignoring my door, ignoring my phone and sitting in all day crying. The boys just never stopped, I was up and down all day long, diapers, bottles, dinners, clothes, cleaning, keeping my one year old out of trouble... It just took its toll on me and I felt like giving up.





Luckily though, about 2 months ago, I managed to rise out of this spiralling black hole, I could see everything clearer and started to get happier.





Although its still hard today, especially with a nearly 2 year old and a 7 month old, I can hold my head high and say I had a hard time but I managed it, I got through it and I brought my babies up without any help.





I wouldnt advise any teenager to become a mum, its a lot of hard work, I know there's a lot of great teenage mums out there, but it'd be great if I waited, lived my life, made sure I had everything ready then planned a baby.





I love my little boys soo much and wouldn't change them for the world, I'd just change my timing and maybe have had them in a few years from now.





I know I've missed out on a hell of a lot but I have gained a hell of a lot from my kids... watching them smile, start talking, start crawling, start walking etc.





Thats what its like lol... Well for me anyway...





Hope this answers your question xxxWhat is life like as a teenage mother?
After watching several of my friends become teenaged mothers, I've learned its very hard emotion and financial. My one poor friend got pregnant twice by the time she was 19. And last week she finally left her boyfriend. He was abusing them emotional, and she felt she couldn't leave because she couldn't afford to support herself and the kids without him. She was trying to hard to prove to people she could make it easily without having help since she got pregnant young. But then she finally opened up and told people what was going on and they helped her get out of it. She couldn't finish high school because of some issues, and has nothing. Not all teenage mothers go through rough times, but most of them do. The mother becomes second, and everything she earns needs to go to the baby. It's a huge responsibility. It's hard. Since the teen hasn't learn real financial responsibility since most of them are still being financially supported by their parents, the new financial change of a baby would be overwhelming.





ღ◦ƒεṃαlε◦ღ
Its different


You no longer have your own life your whole life revolves around another human being. Its not as horrible as people try to make it seem. Being a teenage mother is no better or worse than being an adult mother except for the 2-3 year age difference. You have to get a job and become an adult which can be a little scary at times. You get made fun of and called a ****/whore/skank and are judged alot by other people. School becomes harder to manage and your social life kinda suffers a little bit but other than that, its great. Being a mother is a wonderful experience :)
I became pregnant at 15 but gave birth a week after my 16th birthday.


Most kids treated me horribly. I couldn't go out in public or even to my own school without being a called a **** or a whore. I have been called every name there possibly is by people who don't even know me. The adults were just as bad. They would give me looks all the time. Some of them even spoke their unwanted opinions to me. One time I even got a lady say to me, ';If you weren't such a **** you wouldn't have to carry around that baby sweetie. I feel bad very sad for you.'; I wanted to slap her.


Not to mention being pregnant in itself. It's painful and exhausting. You don't want to even get out of bed. Having that big stomach is so inconvenient and non-comfortable. But you still get to enjoy being pregnant and getting to carry your baby around. It is joyful in a lot of ways.


The best thing someone ever said to me was, ';You know what, hun? I find you to be very brave. Being pregnant is hard, it really is but I know you can get through this! It just takes effort. I really hope the best for you, the baby, and your family.'; It was by an elderly woman who I still talk to. I had just met her when I was out shopping for clothes and she said that and it made me cry. She had made my day.


Wow, being a teenage mother is hard. Extremely hard. You have to work, go to school, take care of a baby, and if you want to keep your friends or have a relationship you have to work that much harder! You can basically forget about your social life for awhile. When you get the chance to sleep, you take it. You're going to need it. I love my son to death and I think that's the only reason I'm able to do all of this. I've never had to try this hard to do anything in my life. I know he's the reason why I even try. He's so worth it and more.
My mom was a teenage mother. She had to stop going to high school. She worked two jobs and went to night school. By the time she was in collage she had 2 children. My mom had way to may problems and missed out on everything. Now shes single and really is not happy with life. She missed out on so much...


Its not all that great... Wait its not great in anyway.
well i was a teenage mom once. i got pregnant at 17, i was married but still in high school, senior year. it was a little hard, i didn't hang out with friends like everyone else did. i didn't go to prom, i went straight home and did my house cleaning, cooking and everything your mom does for you. i grew up way too fast but it was all worth it. once you have a baby its not about you anymore, your life gets put on hold for a while.
there is a show in mtv called 16 and pregnant got to www.mtv.ca and click on the tv shows and you can watch it on ur computer its a really good show and it kinda gives you a perspective of what they go through and deal with
You should watch the finale of 16 and pregnant. It should come on again tonight.
It's definitely hard at times but everything I do for my daughter, just results in her loving me more everyday.
Ask Amy Jurgens

No comments:

Post a Comment