Thursday, July 29, 2010

How do you choose a good teenage babysitter..???

I babysat as a teen....now I'm a mom to 3 boys....and have yet to leave my kids with a teen...





I once considered my 14 yr old neice. But at a family function, she picked up my then infant....and didn't steady his head...so for about 15 seconds before I took over...the kids head was flopping around..





At that point I decided my husband and I would never ever go out alone for at least 16 years....





Anyway, that theory is not working....the infant mentioned above is almost 4 and we also have a 1 and half yr old and a 9 yr old....





How do I determine (interview) a good babysitter?How do you choose a good teenage babysitter..???
Check around the area for local babysitting classes. Most YMCA and YWCA offer these classes for children looking to babysit. Sometimes even Junior and Senior high schools offer them. Once you find out where they hold the classes you can get a list of the children that participated, and start with that. You make a few phone calls, and talk to their parents and people they have sat for before. See how your children react to the new sitter before you go out for an evening. You could start out small, like an hour during dinner time. Have something ready or the sitter to serve the children, see what has been done when you get home. Your children will tell you what the sitter was up to when you were gone. I've had a few bad apples in my time, but never had a bad apple that actually went through the sitting classes.


Good Luck!How do you choose a good teenage babysitter..???
You're welcome. Good luck.

Report Abuse



I asked the youth pastor at our church and other moms at church who they used. Also ask the teenagers parents what they think.
let them interact with the kids while they are ther see how comfortable they are while you are there.
Contact a local high school and speak to a counsellor; they will usually be able to recommend a student who they think is very responsible.
You find someone with this attitude to be sure your kids are safe:


keeperlast


2 minutes ago








Report Abuse


Satan is an Angel who tried Gods patience and lost....





Eden may well be found one day, but clearly will not ';look'; like Eden in the Bible....DUH!





If a snake tried to actually talk to me...I may not run.....if a snake hisses and tries to strike...yes...but talking to me...I'd probably be curious....and hang around...





And if a white skinned red in the cheek fair haired yuppie tries to screw with me on the Internet....nice try...fuckscrew....

No comments:

Post a Comment